Tokimec Hydraulic Valves
Gorilla Spares has what you need if you’re looking to replace your Tokimec hydraulic valves. A hydraulic valve is a critical part of any hydraulic power system. As a result, you want to make 100 percent sure that any sort of replacement component you buy will be built to last, and provide consistent performance. Everything we carry at Gorilla Spares checks these and many other boxes.
What Type of Hydraulic Valve Do You Need?
The reason hydraulic valves are so important is that they regulate the manner in which liquids, such as water and oil, flow through the rest of the hydraulic system. They also control the pressure of those liquids. There are three main kinds of valves – directional control, flow control and pressure control. Here’s a quick look at each.
- Directional control valves – These valves, as you can see by the name, control the direction of flow of a liquid throughout a hydraulic system. Not only can they change the direction of that flow, they can also stop and start the movement of liquids.
- Flow control valves – Depending on how they are set, flow control valves can close or open when the pressure of a liquid gets to a certain level. They not only regulate and monitor the movement of liquids, they can also optimize the overall performance of the hydraulic system.
- Pressure control valves – Pressure control valves are critically important to the structural integrity of a hydraulic system. They make sure water pressure stays below a pre-set level, helping to ensure that pipes don’t burst.
How to Make Your Hydraulic Valves Last as Long as Possible
You make sure you keep plenty of fresh oil in your car’s engine, and you take it in for regular maintenance, right? Well, the same principle applies to your hydraulic valves. As long as you keep them properly maintained, they’ll deliver years of reliable performance. If you don’t, however, a failure can be the result – and that can lead to incredibly costly downtime. Production will come to a halt, and will eventually have to be made up. That usually means paying your workers a great deal of overtime in order for that to happen.
The best way to avoid that scenario is to periodically check your valves to make sure they’re working as they should. Thankfully, there are plenty of tools you can use in order to spot potential problems so you can address them before they become serious.
In a way, these tools are somewhat like the diagnostic computer an auto mechanic will use in order to see how a vehicle is operating. Just like the mechanic doesn’t have to take apart your engine to get a diagnosis, you can use diagnostic tools to check on your valves without having to shut down your hydraulic power system.
There are a few other things you can do to make sure your valves are working correctly.
- Clean the valves regularly using steam, water or air.
- Remember to use a protective sheet to cover the valves when they sit idle.
- Know all the strengths and weaknesses of your overall hydraulic power system.
Contact Gorilla Spares
A Gorilla Spares expert is standing by to answer any questions you may have regarding Tokimec hydraulic valves or any of the other parts you’ll find on our website. Contact us online or give us a call at (239) 888-0476.