Hydraulic Pump Repair
If your hydraulic pump needs repair or you want buy direct replacement parts, count on Gorilla Spares to solve your downtime dilemma with same-day shipping!
Gorilla Spares is a multi-vendor marketplace that sells replacement hydraulic, electrical, electronic and robotic parts for the heavy construction, industrial, agricultural, and aerospace manufacturing industries. We source the highest quality aftermarket parts from the best companies and offer them to you at excellent prices.
For example, we partner with vendors such as Perfection Hydraulics (Perf/Hyd) to fulfill your need for Cat® replacement hydraulic pumps for excavators, dump trucks, cranes, graders, loaders and tractors, as well as agricultural machinery, mining machinery, drill rig equipment and forestry equipment. Perf/Hyd’s pumps are a 100% interchangeable replacement for Caterpillar® brand hydraulic pumps.
Does Your Hydraulic Pump Need Repair or Replacement?
Hydraulic pumps play a crucial role in every hydraulic system, converting mechanical energy (e.g., rotating gears) into hydraulic energy. They carry fluid from a reservoir/tank to other parts of the system and produce the flow necessary to develop pressure. Here are some of the warning signs that it may be time to replace the pump:
- Hydraulic Fluid Contamination: A chief cause of hydraulic pump failure is hydraulic fluid contamination. This will cause the pump to wear out very quickly and will eventually result in pump failures and damage to other hydraulic system components.
- Loud Noises: Hydraulic pumps are full of fluids that pass through the system at high speeds and pressures. Although this can generate a lot of noise, the pumps are designed to muffle the noise and work quietly. If you hear loud, unusual noises coming from the pump, consider it a red flag that some part of your hydraulic pump needs repair or replacement.
- Inside Leaks: Hydraulic leaks often occur inside a pump, but you may also notice sudden drops in pressure or decreased performance. If you see oil anywhere inside the pump (other than where it belongs), there is something wrong. This could be as simple as a loose seal or valve, or as serious as a break in the line.
- Outside Leaks: If there is liquid on the exterior of the pump, the problem has worsened, and failure to correct it can lead to a system-wide failure. Outside leaking could be a sign that the pump is on its last legs.
- High Temperatures: For the pump to work properly, it must have proper fluid viscosity which depends on temperature and pressure. If either is outside the manufacturer’s recommended limits, the pump will experience unnecessary strain that can lead to premature failure. Avoid temperatures above 180°F.
Reach out to the highly experienced Gorilla Spares team for help finding a direct replacement part or a solution for a hard-to-find, out-of-production or obsolete part. We can help you find the hydraulic parts you need, even if you don’t see them on our website.
If your hydraulic equipment repair calls for a replacement pump, consider Gorilla Spares. We have everything you need, right when you need it and guarantee that the parts we carry meet or exceed OEM specifications. Call us at (239) 888-0476 or click here to contact us online.