Hydraulic Proportional Valve
Looking for a replacement hydraulic proportional valve? Gorilla Spares can help. We offer 100% interchangeable aftermarket spare hydraulic, electrical, electronic, and robotic parts at a substantial cost savings over OEM.
Customers can search for the parts they need by category, part number or equipment brand. If you don’t see the direct replacement part you need on our website, we encourage you to reach out to our knowledgeable team.
We stock and supply a wide range of premium replacement parts at competitive prices and will go the extra mile to satisfy your immediate needs. Shop online from the comfort of your home or office. Gorilla Spares is committed to quality and focused on your total satisfaction.
What is a Proportional Valve?
Proportional valves can be used as flow and pressure controls, but are most commonly used as directional control valves. The designs may vary, but the function is the same – controlling the direction and speed of a hydraulic cylinder or motor. They include:
- Directional Control Valves: Directional control valves can control the start, stop and change in direction of flow of fluid. They are often described as bang-bang valves because they can shift from fully open to fully closed in an instant, sounding like a hammer striking the hydraulic system from inside. Gorilla Spares offers all types of pressure control valves, from check valves and spool valves to poppet valves and more.
- Pressure Control Valves: Pressure control valves regulate the pressure of fluid passing through the system to control leakage and bursting of pipes. A change in position of the valve (open or closed) occurs either gradually (by control) or suddenly (by switch). Gorilla Spares offers all types of pressure control valves, from pressure relief valves and pressure reducing valves to sequence valves and more.
- Flow Control Valves: Flow control valves regulate the flow rate of fluids through a hydraulic system to the motors and cylinders and optimize system performance. They also monitor and regulate pressure fluctuations in the system. Gorilla Spares offers all types of flow control valves, from ball valves and needle valves to butterfly valves and more.
Valve Maintenance Tips
- Make sure you understand how your hydraulic system works and understand it capabilities and weaknesses.
- Do not assume that the valves were properly installed.
- Conduct tests and diagnostics to check valve performance.
- Use air, steam or water to clean out the valves.
- Cover all valves with a protective sheet when not in use.
- Do not perform maintenance without first switching off and draining the system.
- Do not install valve replacements without checking them over first.
Of course, sometimes valve repair is necessary. The most common reasons are internal leakage, external leakage, sticking in place, and complete failure. This usually means that the valve was not designed for the conditions in which you are using it. Pair the right valve with the right application, stick to a regular maintenance plan, and you will get many years of use out of your equipment.
When you need a replacement hydraulic proportional valve, look no further than Gorilla Spares. Search our website for the parts you need by category, part number or equipment brand. If you don’t see the part you need, contact our knowledgeable team for assistance. Call us at (239) 888-0476 or reach out to our team online.