Dump Truck Lift Cylinder
If you need help selecting a reliable replacement hydraulic lift cylinder for a dump truck, dump trailer, or other heavy equipment, consider Gorilla Spares. We offer same-day shipping to help you minimize equipment downtime.
Gorilla Spares is a multi-vendor marketplace that offers 100% interchangeable aftermarket replacement (spare) hydraulic, electrical, electronic, and robotic parts for heavy construction, industrial, agricultural and aerospace manufacturing equipment.
The construction-related hydraulic products we sell are used throughout the construction industry and include dump trucks, dump trailers, backhoes, excavators, skid steer loaders, trenchers, rough terrain forklifts, crawler dozers, motor graders, and scrapers, and for an extensive range of machine attachments that dig and move the earth.
- Gorilla Spares offers affordable aftermarket parts that provide a substantial cost savings over OEM;
- Gorilla Spares provides technical support from experienced hydraulic parts specialists who know exactly which parts your equipment needs to keep running;
- Gorilla Spares works only with vendor-partners that offer outstanding workmanship and customer-oriented service;
- Gorilla Spares ensures that all parts will perform to published OEM specifications;
- Gorilla Spares is focused on your complete satisfaction.
About Akaliko North America Cylinders
We have partnered with vendors such as Akaliko North America for premium replacement hydraulic cylinders. For more than 15 years, the company has provided top-quality telescopic cylinders to world-class mining and construction firms for use in construction equipment, such as roll-off/roll-on trucks, transfer trailers, excavators, dozers, loaders, backhoes, graders, garbage trucks, and dump trucks.
The company’s heavy-duty replacement cylinders and telescopic hoist cylinders are designed to be 100% interchangeable with many brands, including Caterpillar®, Komatsu®, Hitachi®, Volvo®, Hvya®, Hyco®, Custom Hoists®, Parker®, Mailhot®, Muncie®, and others. They operate flawlessly and reliably even in overload-environments.
How to Choose a Telescopic Hydraulic Cylinder
A telescopic hydraulic cylinder can be used in applications that require a linear force to be applied over a long distance, such as a dump truck, dump trailer, and other refuse vehicles. Both single-acting and double-acting telescopic cylinders can be used.
- Single-acting: Single-acting cylinders are extended through hydraulic pressure, while retraction occurs by means of external forces such as gravity or a counterweight. In a typical dump application, the truck/trailer body is lifted into the air by the cylinder and the heavy weight of the body then causes the cylinder to retract. Single-acting cylinders are ideal for such applications.
- Double-acting: Double-acting cylinders use hydraulic force for both extension and retraction, making this a more complex design. These cylinders are more often used in applications that require a horizontal, or near horizontal, force because gravity is not available to help retract the cylinder, such as in refuse pack/eject trucks and ejector trailers.
Both single-acting and double-acting telescopic cylinders require some level of pressure to build in order to generate enough force to overcome the opposing load. Force is determined based on the bore diameter (the inner diameter measurement of the cylinder bore) and operating pressure.
Consider the size and surface areas, the cylinder materials, the cylinder construction/design, and the pressure limitations of the hydraulic system. Each factor can limit the maximum pressure and force that the cylinder can handle.
When you are dealing with dump truck or dump trailer repair and need a direct replacement hydraulic lift cylinder that can meet rugged and harsh conditions, call Gorilla Spares at (239) 888-0476 or contact us online.