Dump Truck Hydraulic Cylinder
Search for a replacement hydraulic cylinder for your dump truck at the Gorilla Spares website by category, part number, or brand. Our knowledgeable team can help you find what you need.
Gorilla Spares proudly offers top-of-the-line aftermarket replacement (spare) hydraulic cylinders, pumps, valves, and more, specifically for the heavy equipment, industrial, agriculture, and aerospace industries. Most parts can be shipped the same day, providing you with fast response times.
Gorilla Spares is committed to quality and:
- Offers aftermarket parts that provide substantial cost savings over OEM
- Provides unparalleled technical support from experienced hydraulic parts specialists
- Works only with vendor-partners that offer outstanding workmanship and customer service
- Ensures that all parts perform to published OEM specifications
- Ensures that all items are in stock in the USA and ready to ship
- Is focused on your complete satisfaction
About Telescopic Hoist Cylinders
Count on Gorilla Spares as your headquarters for high-quality replacement cylinders for roll-off/roll-on trucks, transfer trailers, excavators, dozers, loaders, backhoes, graders, garbage trucks, and dump trucks.
We feature Akaliko North America heavy-duty replacement cylinders and telescopic hoist cylinders that are designed to be 100% interchangeable with many brands, including Caterpillar®, Parker®, Komatsu®, Hitachi®, Volvo®, Hyco®, Custom Hoist®, Mailhot®, Commercial®, and others.
These cylinders match the original specifications in order to work flawlessly and reliably in your application, even in overload-environments.
Why Hydraulic Cylinders Fail
You will want to keep your hydraulic cylinders from failing when you need them most. Here are the most common causes of cylinder failure:
- Contaminated oil – Contaminated oil is one of the most common causes of hydraulic cylinder failure. Foreign particles in the oil can scratch and score the interior of the cylinder and eat away at critical seals and fittings. Installing high-efficiency filters in your hydraulic system can help ensure that clean oil is entering the cylinder. Check the filter regularly to prevent clogging and keep debris from getting to the inside of the cylinder.
- Overheated cylinder – A hot cylinder can prevent the system from operating effectively, crack seal compounds, accelerate oil degradation, and waste electricity.
- Damaged/bent piston rods or rod bearings – This problem is often caused by overloading the hydraulic cylinder or by misalignment of the load and the cylinder. Rough places on the rod can damage the seals, reduce their normal life, and cause you to replace them frequently.
- Broken eye bearing – The eye bearing can break if the cylinder is forced to handle a heavier load than it was designed for or by a sudden impact caused by high pressure.
- Seal leakage – The most common reason for this is an improperly fitted seal. However, corrosion or abrasion of the cylinder seal grooves, oil contamination or entrapment, and incorrect metalwork clearances are a few of the other reasons that seals may leak.
- Excessive moisture – Exposure to heavy moisture, either ambient or within the fluid, can lead to rod corrosion, damage of the seal, and the failure of your entire hydraulic system. In some cases, a corroded and damaged rod can be re-chromed or polished to refinish it.
If you need help selecting a reliable replacement hydraulic cylinder for a dump truck or other heavy equipment, consider Gorilla Spares. Call us at (239) 888-0476 to explore our capabilities. We offer same-day shipping to help you minimize equipment downtime.