When you need a top-quality replacement hydraulic cylinder for a dump truck or dump trailer, make Gorilla Spares your first stop.
Gorilla Spares is a multi-vendor marketplace that sells replacement (spare) hydraulic, electrical, electronic, and robotic parts for the industrial, heavy construction, agricultural, and aerospace manufacturing industries.
At Gorilla Spares, we are knowledgeable about the replacement parts we sell and can help you boost the overall performance of your equipment with products from some of the best brands in the industry.
Why Choose Us
At Gorilla Spares, we are committed to your complete satisfaction and:
- Offer replacement spare parts that provide a substantial cost savings over OEM;
- Can help you find the parts you need, even if you don’t see them on our website;
- Thoroughly research, interview and audit each potential vendor partner;
- Work only with partners who offer outstanding workmanship and superb customer service;
- Ensure that all parts perform to published OEM specifications;
- Provide unmatched technical support from experienced hydraulic parts specialists;
- Require one-year performance guarantees;
- Ensure that all items are in stock in the USA and ready to ship;
- Offer same-day shipping to minimize equipment downtime.
How to Choose a Telescopic Hydraulic Cylinder
A telescopic hydraulic cylinder is appropriate for applications that require a linear force to be applied over a long distance, such as a dump truck or dump trailer. A rod cylinder could possibly do the job, but it may be too long when fully collapsed. A telescopic cylinder will be significantly shorter when in the same position – a major design advantage over a rod cylinder.
Both single-acting and double-acting telescopic cylinders are used in dump trucks and refuse vehicles.
- Single-acting: Single-acting cylinders are extended by hydraulic force but rely on gravity or an opposing force or counterweight for retraction. In a typical dump application, the truck/trailer body is lifted into the air by the cylinder and the heavy weight of the body then causes the cylinder to retract. Single-acting cylinders are ideal for such applications.
- Double-acting: Double-acting cylinders use hydraulic force for both extension and retraction, making this a more complex design. These cylinders are more often used in applications that require a horizontal, or near horizontal, force because gravity is not available to help retract the cylinder, such as in refuse pack/eject trucks and ejector trailers.
Both single- and double-acting telescopic cylinders require some level of pressure to build in order to generate enough force to overcome the opposing load. Force is determined based on the bore diameter (the inner diameter measurement of the cylinder bore) and operating pressure.
Consider the size and surface areas, the cylinder materials, the cylinder construction/design, and the pressure limitations of the hydraulic system. Each factor can limit the maximum pressure and force that the cylinder can handle.
If you need help selecting a replacement dump trailer cylinder, consider Gorilla Spares. Call us at (239) 888-0476 or click here to explore our capabilities.