Dump Trailer Hydraulic Cylinder
A hydraulic cylinder is responsible for providing the pushing/pulling forces in a hydraulic system in virtually every industry. When you need a replacement cylinder for a dump trailer or dump truck, Gorilla Spares can help.
Gorilla Spares is a multi-vendor marketplace that offers 100% interchangeable aftermarket replacement (spare) hydraulic, electrical, electronic, and robotic parts for heavy construction, industrial, agricultural and aerospace manufacturing equipment.
The construction-related hydraulic products we sell are used throughout the construction industry and include dump trucks, dump trailers, backhoes, excavators, skid steer loaders, trenchers, rough terrain forklifts, crawler dozers, motor graders, and scrapers, and for an extensive range of machine attachments that dig and move the earth.
We founded Gorilla Spares to connect manufacturers of high-quality hydraulic parts with clients who are seeking the best products from trustworthy sources.
We thoroughly research, interview, and audit each vendor/supplier before selecting them as a partner. This ensures that you will be purchasing spare parts that meet or exceed OEM specifications, have been performance-tested, feature a one-year performance guarantee, and are in stock and ready for shipping when you need them.
- Gorilla Spares offers affordable aftermarket parts that provide a substantial cost savings over OEM;
- Gorilla Spares provides technical support from experienced hydraulic parts specialists who know exactly which parts your equipment needs to keep running;
- Gorilla Spares works only with vendor-partners that offer outstanding workmanship and customer-oriented service;
- The Gorilla Spares team ensures that all parts will perform to published OEM specifications;
- Gorilla Spares is focused on your complete satisfaction.
Is Your Hydraulic Cylinder About to Fail?
Are your hydraulic cylinders trying to tell you something? Learning to recognize the telltale warning signs of serious cylinder problems will help you correct them before they become catastrophic failures. The most common warning signs are:
- Contaminated fluid – This is a frequent cause of hydraulic cylinder failure. Foreign particles in the hydraulic fluid can scratch and score the interior of the cylinder and eat away at critical seals and fittings.
- Loud, banging noises – A hydraulic cylinder should not sound like a jackhammer. Loud noises are typically caused by cavitation or aeration which can cause fluid contamination and damage to system components through loss of lubrication, overheating, and burning of seals.
- Overheating – Be aware of the general operating temperature of your cylinders because an unusual rise in temperature could be symptomatic of abnormal conditions within the cylinder. A hot cylinder can prevent the system from operating effectively, damage seal compounds, accelerate oil degradation, and waste electricity.
- Damaged or bent piston rods or rod bearings – This problem is often caused by overloading the cylinder or by a misalignment between the load and the cylinder. Rough places on the rod can damage the seals, reduce their lifespan, and require them to be replaced frequently.
- Broken eye bearing – The eye bearing can break when the cylinder is forced to handle a heavier load than it was designed for or from shock loading, which occurs when there’s a sudden impact to full pressure (or beyond) that can be caused by an abnormal load or improper operation.
Whether you are dealing with a dump trailer repair or need a replacement hydraulic cylinder, call Gorilla Spares at (239) 888-0476 or contact us online. Our same-day shipping service will help you minimize costly downtime.